Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

[sharechat] The pheonix arises?

From: "laura bishop" <lool@optusnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 21:26:17 +1000

An interview with the administrator of ansett on business sunday(here in
oz)has revealed that some parts of ansett may be up and running again as
early as this week.For air nz to be involved in some kind of rescue package
would appear to be absolutely critical at this time.Instead I have now begun
to hear rumours ,and indeed read a news article mentioning the receivership
of air nz as perhaps the the only way of preventing them from going
under.(ie.trying to make ansetts staff unsecured creditors)This situation
just appears to be getting worse and worse and I really must point out that
this has done and is doing still, A HUGE  amount of damage to our countries
standing over here.With an aus. election perhaps as close as a month or two
away,I'm also sure that the encumbent government will bring all of its anger
to bear solely on nz.Yes AIA 's share price will be affected,Infratil,as has
the float of sydney airport(reported to be by  as much as 20%)AMP has  been
forced to abandon the float of their airports fund which contains their
stake in melbourne airport.NAB and (is it ANZ or Commonwealth bank) will be
extremely "unhappy".And I just hear right this second on sky news that nz
has revoked the anzus treaty and apparently is under no obligation to aid
america or its allies.Well whoopy doop doo.Nine months to destroy an
airline,nine days to destroy the country.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] ANZUS without the NZ? Gary Wilson - Brisbane