Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: Re: [sharechat] British Investment Trusts -- Historic data

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 22:06:51 +1200

Thanks for your post, Brian!

Sofar, I have always been a stock picker and am generally looking for a very large return over the first two years.

I need that as I am a longer term holder and know that the earnings of my earlier investments won't be as high after a while and have to be supported by these new picks.

Therefore, GPG won't fit in that mould; it also has investments in Australia and NZ. I am looking for investment mainly in GB.( I have a high regard for Ron ).

It so happens that a trust could be marked down heavily with the rest and still rise some 70% in the next two years. Only in such a special event, I feel that investment is justified.

It so happens that the Br. Emp. sec. was also mentioned by my Broker friend. Thanks for mentioning it, though!

He also recommended RIT two years ago; could be a bit slow, I think. Yes, your selection could be superior!

Just now, I am merely searching and there is no hurry as more negative adjustments are due, I think.

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Future Predicitions geoff_julie