Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat] Ebet coming up trumps

From: Adam Rands <adamlist@iguana2.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:23:58 +1000

I agree Nick

I have been a holder of Ebet since its float.

Ebet are winning a lot of business in NSW and have been making great in
roads into the States

The biggest threat to EBet is with the Australian Government. Any major
change in Gaming policy could affect its outlook dramatically

This is why I was pleased to see that they are making money in the States.
Their income streams are becoming more diversified which removes some of
the risk mentioned above .

Further to this they have had a number of products (cashless gaming) on the
shelf for the last 2 years which they have been unable to sell. Now that
they have been approved by the government we should see some significant
growth.

Cashless gaming will be huge in Australia - The Clubs and RSL's are prime
targets for armed robbery (2 the other week). With these incidents on the
increase many clubs will find it cheaper to install a cashless system
rather than employing additional security staff and paying higher insurance
premiums.

I hear that their business is close to being cashflow natural... My god.. a
"tech" company may actually make a profit next year.

The one issue that I think holds back the Ebet share price is the
uncertainty surrounding the expected distribution from its previous owner
EGlobal (formally Coms21).  The distribution appears to be held up in the
courts.....

Adam

Disc - Hold Ebet (and EGI) - waiting to make my money back.