Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

Re: [sharechat] US events

From: "Brian & Fiona Brakenridge" <pohuenui.island@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 09:51:29 +1200

Jesse:

I waited for some time following your post to gauge response of this forum to your contribution. There has been no response so maybe I'm alone. I wonder if you really considered what you were writing in light of the catastrophic suffering that is unfolding in New York. I wonder if you thought of the patience of the people in wheel chairs in the upper floors who had to be abandoned by their fleeing co-workers and who had to sit and wait to die. I wonder if you thought of the patience of those who are waiting to hear if they will ever see family and friends who were caught up in this tragedy.

There is some irony in your statement that  "Fear is a stronger emotion than greed". I suggest that in your case greed is a stronger emotion than compassion. I would like to think that greed has temporarily clouded you emotion and that maybe you will find a little space for compassion.

Brian.