Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2001

[sharechat] Technical miracle?

From: Phaedrus <Phaedrus@techemail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 17:16:30 -0700 (PDT)

Silverfox,
           That is a very interesting site you referred to (Barchart.com) - it
is one I did not know about. Lots of good free stuff, but you have to subscribe
US$20/month to access some utilities that they provide, such as fundamental and
technical search engines. The stock rating system they use is based on a
mixture of technical indicators such that any stock earning their 100% Buy
rating is in a short, medium and long-term uptrend. This is not as rare as you
might perhaps think. For example, in the current listing of their top 100
stocks, 57 have a 100% Buy rating. There are bound to be other stocks rated
similarly that are not in this limited list. I was interested to see some of my
current USA holdings listed - ARG, MIMS, TSA.
  These ratings are obviously updated every day. I looked at PPD when I first
read your email, and it was rated as 100%. When I looked again later, the
rating had fallen to 96% in reaction to "todays" 2% drop in price.
  I am curious as to how you focussed on PPD in the first place. Was it by
using the Fundamentals search engine on this site?
            Regards,
                      Phaedrus.