Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2001

[sharechat] WHS chart (esp for Dick)

From: "Peter" <pmaiden@today.com.au>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:02:52 +1200

Dick - the WHS chart is very confused. It can be looked at many ways.

The longer term view over the last 2 years WHS still shows a rising
trend - even though the trend line has been tested a few time lately.
The next month or so will be interesting in that to maintain this
rising trend the WHS price needs to get to 600 and above more
consistently than it has in the past. The way it is trending my guess
is a break out above 620 in the next few months.

Then again the six month chart has WHS in a down trend. The chart is
showing a Descending Triangle pattern that Phaedrus showed us a while
ago about ITC. For a description of what these look like read his
post. http://www.sharechat.co.nz/archives/2001/07/msg00693.shtml
The difference between the ITC chart and the WHS chart is that WHS is
at least testing the down trend line (ie trying to go higher) but has
not managed to break through. If this pattern continues I think
Phaedrus would say that the price would fall below 540 odd and
continue down.

And then some would say that WHS has been trading pretty flat for a
year now in a general range from 540 to 620 (except for a week or so
of irrational exuberance on somebody's part when it went to 680).
When this sort of trading occurs over an extended period of time a
break out, when it occurs, is often quite dramatic.

Therefore WHS is coming to an interesting point. One thing I don't
think it will be 560 this time next year. Either we will see a
breakout of the current pattern with a continuation of the long term
rising trend - or we will see a break out below 540 which could go
anywhere.

Interesting times - todays movement (even if on lightish volume) up
would suggest that some buying pressure could be starting to build
up. Maybe the strong sales figures are putting more confidence back
into this stock and the earnings announcement next month could be
reasonably positive.

Dick - that's my view, about as confusing as the WHS chart.

Peter

  --- Send the right message ---

        + Today freemail +

Get your free, private email address at
       http://www.today.com.au

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] SPREADSHEET: Market Value of Securities G Stolwyk