Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - August 2001

[sharechat] eBet and online betting

From: "nick" <helmett@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:34:40 +1200

       Have just paid a visit to the new betting site
 which Ebet set up for playboy.  As we know eBet are
to recieve 3% of turnover at this site.
        I checked out some of the races which were about
 take place and was suprised at how high the win pools were,
when considering the site is new

         The average pool seemed to be over 10000 dollars,
and with around  15 meetings a day with around 10 races each
means a staggering  1.5 million a day being wagered
     If eBet recieve 3% then they are making about 45000 dollars
a day from this site !!
             Sounds too good to be true,  maybe i have got it wrong
and the betting pools consist of bets made from other sources than just
through the website.
    eBet also set up the TAB site in NZ
http://www.tab.co.nz/  Which incidentally looks very similar,
this site too shows the pools, yet we know that much of this money
is placed on course, or by telephone.   I will endevevour to find
out the situation at the playboy site, to find out what percentage of the
pools is actually being placed at the site.

  Nick

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] Buffet and Ozzy S/h Assoc Site Gary Wilson - Brisbane