Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

Re: [sharechat] Interesting Phenomenon these Seminars

From: "nick" <helmett@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:31:56 +1200

            This confrms my suspicions, i would advise any members
of this group to think very carefully before they part with any of their
hard earned money to attend any of these seminars.
       I have been to the website (bottom of page) and it has the same
look as those countless spam letters promoting pyramid schemes etc.
         Interesting too that shortly after his post we recieve another
message from a "satisfied customer", very eloquantly and persuasivly
worded, just like all the best spam

        Nick

Interesting comments Tony and others.

"... have they found an easier way of parting punters from their money"

Perhaps you can explain how anybody selling anything makes you part with your own money?  Surely you part with your own money on your own accord? If you buy anything, you do so at your own free will don't you? I suggest that placing blame on educators, successful or otherwise, is simply not accepting responsibility for your own actions. What happens when you make a losing trade? Do you blame the market? Do you blame your broker?

I teach because I have 16 years of extensive market knowledge and people are willing to pay for that knowledge. You presumably go to work because your employer believes that you add value to his bottom line. He then compensates you. There is no difference.

I trade and yes I make money as a trader. I teach and yes I make money from teaching. I also run a fund and yes, the investors pay me management and incentive fees. I do consulting work for institutions and yes I get paid for my advice. Do I feel bad if someone wishes to "buy" my knowledge?  Do I feel bad if I take profits from the markets knowing its a zero-sum game and that someone had to lose? No, of course not.

I am not being paid by STANZ (except airfares and accommodation) to talk on either Thursday or Saturday. I'll make you a deal that I personally will not even mention that I teach or run courses during my brief 3 day stay. If you attend the Saturday conference and feel that you learnt nothing new, then I will happily send a cheque to compensate. Simple.

I look forward to meeting with you Tony.

Nicholas Radge

Nicholas Radge
Commodity Trading Advisor
Reef Capital Pty Limited