Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

[sharechat] Business is Business!

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:12:29 +1200

A friend from overseas mentioned that he is advising some old people from time to time.

And when an 85 year old man, who could barely walk, consulted this broker and left, a colleague asked my friend how he got on.

My friend said that the client had signed a document and he would come back in a couple of days with a $ 90k cheque.

Whereupon his colleague told him that he had made an error in waiting for that cheque to come:

" Listen, this firm has a rule that clients over 80 should always be asked to sign a cheque before leaving."

" Why ?" my friend asked.

" Let me put it this way: We don't mind attending his funeral, as long as he has done us a good turn first! ".

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Who owns Air NZ? te ranginui