Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2001

Re: [sharechat] SPE

From: "Jeremy" <jeremy@electrosilk.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:46:01 +0800

> DF Mainland has this year made recommendations which by-and-large
> have outperformed the market. Examples include NZOG, Cedenco, Richina,
> Pacific Retail, Restaurant Brands and Broadway.
> This latest one, Spectrum may hopefully do the same.
>
> During 2000 though, it was a different story with disasters like Beauty
> Direct.  However, that was then, this is now.
> Accordingly, DFM's recommendations this year have not been
> "normally a good reason to stay clear" and in fact some have been good.
>
> P.S.  DF Mainland brought this matter to my attention and this posting is
> made at their behest.

Here's a quick tip to avoid unpleasantness in these circumstances.

Voicing validly held personal beliefs is generally not actionable (although
the circumstances may affect that).

E.g. "I believe that examining freshly killed possums guts gives a better
result than technical analysis" versus "Only loonies use technical analysis"
One is an opinion, one is a statement of fact that is derogitory and you can
be taken to court for.

Jeremy
(warning, I am not legally qualified and if you use my advice you need your
head examined)