[sharechat] Steel & Tube

From: "Richard Hooper" <hoop@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 01:04:44 +1200

With anticipated action with Fletcher Building (FBU) .Steel & Tube ( STU )has been slowly rising in price. Something is happening here folks. GPG muted to buy FBU including their steel operations, One Steel saying their STU share is not for sale, (why say that ???) Is Mr Brierley having a snoop around this area ? ,maybe, maybe not ... however FBU bought up and carved up and bits sold off to companies under Brierley control is a Brierley trademark. Hostile takeovers are also.
Homework time sharechatters.... I have done mine quiet sometime ago :))

Disc... Have shares in STU RBC FFS, but no FBU.

Speaking of Takeovers....good time to buy takeover targets as NZmarket being in its usual shitty mode (masses of under-valued companies in a falling interest rate environment ) hasnt factored in potential gains in most of the stocks I can think of ... the best example is PDL ...been common knowledge for some time that a takeover was going to happen ...but the shareprice never moved much until it actually happened..just goes to show that we in NZ are hopeless investors ...  there are many other companies out there ready for takeover (window of opportunity before 1 July) and there are only faint signs of demand and shareprice increase.

Possible company takeover targets FFS RBC FBU AFF CEN CAH? (mon) (pdl) PRG STU TRH and some sort of tie -up with one or none of the following agric companies REI/WRI/RHD/WKL

These are some of my thoughts with the major top 100 companies
Your thoughts or known facts are  welcome.
Maybe a competition could be started....dread the thought :))
Cheers
Hoop

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] RBC Sell???? Richard Hooper