Re: [sharechat] Airline shares

From: Greg <g&jelliott@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 20:42:21 +1200

Matt, the group has cash in the bank (2001 Interim Accounts list $700m cash
balance at end Dec 2000). But, as Snoopy has previously pointed out, it
wouldn't be wise to burn this all on a fleet replacement programme,
particularly given the state of competition. They will probably be looking
at various options, including lease, and perhaps involving something clever
with SIA.

Greg E.