Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2001

Re: [sharechat] Nufarm - Turned the corner?

From: "Peter Maiden" <pmaiden@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 11:44:49 +1200

Nick - must have been a prety frustrating week for you in view of the remarks you made about Nufarm last Sunday.

The message board also had a report that Sky News in OZ had reported some takeover activity.

Pretty low volumes both here and Aust last week kept the price down. Long term trend is still definitely down and I feel that it will take more than good news to get the price back up over $4.00

Retrospectively the best (or worst view) insight into Nufarm I have seen came on this forum from David Ling http://www.sharechat.co.nz/archives/2001/03/msg00326.shtml.

When you think about it David's views make a lot of sense - esp when long term institutional investors these days look more at a company's non-financial performance more and more when valuing a stock. Taking these into account Nufarm will always have problems in getting their share price up to what should be 'fair value' - based on financial performance.

I still have a few  Nufarm (in case miracles happen) but must admit to taking some profits in February when I started having some doubts as to the possibility that  they were a lost cause.

Cheers

Peter