Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

Re: [sharechat] Otter? - Thoughts

From: "Michael Gore" <michgore@paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:23:27 +1200

I remember hearing a commentator on the National Radio news I think maybe
about 8 months ago saying think of gold as just another commodity and that
the days of gold being a good investment in hard times were over.  Sorry
can't remember too many details but I remember clearly thinking at the time
that he made a lot of sense.  Anyone else have any thoughts about gold as
just a commodity like any other?  Obviously it makes nice jewellery but what
else can you do with gold?  Not much that I can think of.  michael