Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

[sharechat] Newcall are they packaging themselves for venture funding AND for sale?

From: "Gourdie, Rob" <rob.gourdie@wcom.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 23:52:18 +0000

Another question for this forum...

Whilst I have heard and read horrendous things about Newcall of recent, I
can see the logic of their jettisoning of the NZ telco arm.  However I
personally see their behaviour resembling that of a company looking to sell
out to a big fish.

There are NASDAQ types who may have a passing interest in their billing
solution, for utility markets where its leverage could be felt, but are
probably more interested in a very cheap acquisition of their Singapore
Telco and importantly its licence.  This has potential that is not currently
being capitalised upon due to a lack of investment.

I don't see the money spinning out for these guys long term and think they
may be facing some reality.

Of course I have been way off track before and if their is one thing NZ
utilities has needed, it is competition.  So my heart goes out to them.

What say you?

Rob Gourdie

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Accountant Michael Gore