Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - March 2001

Re: [sharechat] NZSE the place to be ...............

From: "G Stolwyk" <stolwyk@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 20:24:06 +1300

Peter,

A very good contribution!

I think that as prosperity has declined, coupled with the loss of some large companies and reported negative overseas sentiment with regard to the NZSE, one may expect a somewhat lower P/E:

Overseas investors may see greater risk in our currency and will not invest as much; we already know that NZders are not great investors in the market either.

Therefore, a combination of these variables can lead to a lower P/E.

We should be somewhat lower than Aussie, I think!

Your article mentions that Aussie has a current P/E of 20; ours is 15, let us have an arbitrary one of,say 18!

And you better be quick to buy in before the best companies are gone!!

Gerry

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] NZSE Returns and Beta values Paul.Menneer