Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

Re: [sharechat] Tranzrail ...idle gossip

From: "Matthew Van Veen" <mattvanveen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:05:14 +1300

Its a hard one to pick. Just when you think it may be worth a look, you turn
on your TV and see another de-railment on the news. Can't be good for
investor confidence. Roughly (trying to think back) - I recall 3 derailments
and 1 head on crash since December.

WHS - The Stephen Tindall factor must be worth a lot of the share price. I
think they will eventually immulate in Aust what they did in NZ but not
overnight. With already announced less than expected xmas sales figures the
price may drop further. Take Stephen Tindall away and you may see buying
opportunties around $4.50 - $4.75 before the Aussie growth kicks in IMHO.

DIS: do not own TRH or WHS (but will one day. Spent virtually every day in
one during xmas shopping).