Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

Re: [sharechat] CAH

From: "Chris Steptoe" <chris_steptoe@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:32:47 +1300

Kelvin,

I've also been looking at CAH. They look cheap based on their Book Value per
share (which is over $2.00). They also have a heap of cash from the sales of
Chilean assets. Thus they would appear to be an attractive takeover
prospect.

Having said that, earning and sales growth has been poor for some years. I
wouldn't class them as an income stock either with about 4% dividend yield.
They are also in the building sector, which is in a bit of a low at the
moment.

It is a bit too risky for me.

Cheers,
Chris