Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

[sharechat] Accuracy of Analysts' Forecasts

From: "Douglas Stewart" <dougstew@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:52:56 +1300

I noticed an article this morning which includes the information that analysts' earnings forecasts in the U.S. are inaccurate by an average of 44%.  At first sight this number seems extraordinarily high to me - maybe I'm just being naive.

http://www.bloomberg.com/feature/feature979052129.html

Does anyone have a figure for analysts' forecasts in NZ?  It would be a simple, although rather time consuming task to take copies of the Investment Year Book going back a year or two and compare the forecast and actual earnings.  Has anyone done this or got any data?

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] NUF to come right Colin Ross