Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - January 2001

[sharechat] Commsoft - Gerry and Co.

From: RIL <ril99_99@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:42:18 +0000 (GMT)

Gerry & Co.

Most start-ups are taken to market to raise cash to
expand etc. Funding is kept to a minimum in order to
extract max ROI. This does not imply that backers
unable to fund, just that most profitable to float on
sparse B/S.

Large telcos can be sued - why would you want to? You
wouldn't get their business again. When I was at what
used to be Auckland University (before the advent of
Bachelors degrees in hairdressing) some little
takeaway bar or something 218'ed Fletchers (old
Companies Act) much to everyones' merriment. So it
obviously can be done. The problem at hand is probably
large inventories - which buyers are not willing to
pay for til turned to cash I suspect. The money will
come and the ASX is just being over-prudent in my
opinion demanding the provision for dd's.

Tooth Software (SOE) is having the same problem
judging from their b/s although payable seem to
counterbalance for some reason.

As for competition, the question is marketing quality.

I think this company is a go. It is meeting targets in
revenue and earnings if the ASX would leave them
alone. There could always be a negative surprise. I
got out of them before because the tape told me to.

The fed easing is also positive for tech.

Miss your humour Gerry.

RIL