Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: [sharechat] Isaac Sofaer's view

From: "Jeremy" <jeremy@electrosilk.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:04:27 +0800

From: G Stolwyk

> I agree that the outlook is difficult. We had the tulip, IT,and
communications manias; what is next?

Been investing long Mr Stolwyk??  The last tulip speculation I recall
investing in was in 1593.

> One would think that the pharmaceutical sector still
> has something left to offer. One or two overseas
> infrastructure stocks could be suitable for investment.

I have been pushed by various client advisors to invest in Eurpoean biotech.
You can take two views on this. First that the stocks will be a dud.  Second
that this is the first stage of a 'greater fool' event and so it will be
good to get in now and get out quick.

jeremy