Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - December 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] 2001

From: "Mark Hubbard" <mhubbard@es.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:01:45 +1300

> what have you got in the Nasdaq? Doesnt appear to have moved much from
> last you mentioned getting out....closed at 2904 Nov 24 and 2917 Dec 9,
> but theres been plenty of volatility inbetween....my gut is just
> starting to settle after taking a hit from Intel last week.
> You might get a rally if Fed goes to neutral bias on interest rates Dec
> 19, but its expected and probably mostly factored in. On the down side
> you'll be right smack in the middle of pre earnings warnings. Seems more
> risk than reward to hold for one month just here...I'd sell on any gap
> ups.

Hi Jessie

Yes, indecision rules at the moment. I almost sold out the night before the
Nasdaq gapped up 10%, so close call there. I don't need the first lot of
monies until probably next March or April, so I had almost resigned myself
until waiting to the start of March.

All my holdings are through UK investment trusts (esp. Finsbury Technology
Fund), so have to bargain on a two day selling period - which given current
volatility makes things a bit tricky. Given the latest silliness in the US
presidency race (race?) I suspect the US markets will trend down again
Monday night.

Interesting times :) [And just a little fraught].

Cheers Mark