Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - November 2000

Re: [sharechat] V, FRU, BRY

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:34:01 +1300

quite agree; the Economist McDonalds burger analysis showing how
much of a weeks average wages it took to buy a Big Mac in a number of
countries, which it updates at least once a year showed the NZ dollar was
rather undervalued before the recent falls. People would get much better
value
for their travel money in Australia and other countries that fell with the
euro
and give the UK, USA and Japan a wide berth.....which still leaves the vast
majority of the world's countries.
Returning travellers keep mentioning to me that a pound in the UK buys
rather less than a NZ$ in NZ....

cheers,
Hugh

----------
> From: Graeme & Jill Christie <bayvu@ihug.co.nz>
> To: sharechat@sharechat.co.nz
> Subject: Re: [sharechat] V, FRU, BRY
> Date: Thursday, 2 November 2000 9:08
>
> Sorry $7-20 Too early for me...  G

The
> fact that your wages in U.K. allow you to pay these prices show me three
> things. 1st, tough luck for the poor unemployed (the gap between the
haves
> and have nots must be huge)  2nd the absolute irrelevancy of this type of
> comparison... and 3rd If ever I thought of travelling again I'll be sure
> give the U.K. a wide miss...But, hey , enjoy yourself.. and thanks for
the
> info about Frucor.  Cheers G

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Air NZ AGM Report hugh webber