Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - October 2000

Re: [sharechat] NZ PORTS

From: "Warner Lamb" <cloud9@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:53:53 +1300

Dick, your message arrived! welcome. Now I do not claim to be a clever
person esp recently but since its so quiet I dug out some figures from
sharechat. These are just the basic stats, and may bring out some comment
from more in the know on ports in NZ. We havent done much chatting on these
in the past but considering the low dollar and the talk of export lead
recovery in NZ and Aus, it could be a good time to look at them.

Someone may add EPS growth figures to this or Future prospects.
All Co,s are making a profit.

COMPANY              CURRENT PRICE      LOW/HIGH(1yr)     PE ratio     NTA
Div Y%

SOUTHPORT (SPN)      108c                82-120           17.8         95.2
7.6%
LYTTELTON (LPC)      147c               135-180           10.0         32.4
10.4%
TAURANGA  (POT)      540c               490-640           21.0        338.0
6.1%
AUCKLAND  (POA)      397c               372-550           12.2        181.7
6.8%
NORTHPORT (NTH)      170c               110-190           14.7        116.1
7.5%

Some general thoughts
SPN apparently well placed from ag recovery, and will benefit from upturn in
volumes. Near highs
LYT currently doing some PR damage recovery in Press...re: marina/ yacht
disaster. Highest Yield.
POT seems favourite ATM with high PE and has recently won a POA client, well
placed for increased forestry exports.
POA I had same thoughts on POA, seems to have come off lows, some capital
expense to come (for lg ships). my pick.
NTH Some big developments coming up, growth prospects seem good. Near highs

I have recently looked at POA for long term investment with good Y%.

All advice welcome.

Warner

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] FFS AGM Roy