Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: [sharechat] WNC

From: "charlie brown" <gordy_gecko@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:29:22 EST

Chris

I see the deal between Jump and WNC like this:

1) Jump don't want to have anything to do with WNC/and or its mangement so
hence WNC have really bowed to Jump's wishes ($) and separated Radionet from
their other businesses;

2) Jump will pay $10 million for their 28% stake (the rest will be in a
sweat for equity deal).  WNC shareholders get 60% of Radionet and WNC 12%.
Hence, difficult to value;

3) The Mt Conqueror deal was always a shambles.  When Jump took the reins
(or was negotiating to) they did not want to take on any of WNC's former
deals (fair enough I'd say);

4) I don't think we'll see Jump bid in the auction but rather they'll strike
up an alliance with someone like Vodafone;

5) A move to Aust. will follow (see 4 above); and

5) With the $ they've got spare and also the brains trust on hand they'll
end up giving Walker Wireless a beating in the end.

Charles

As an aside - interesting to note Todd's tie up in both Jump and Walker
Wireless.