Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: [sharechat] BCH - where have I gone wrong?

From: Brian Gale <brigale@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 13:26:50 +1200

I believe your rationale is correct Peter. I have been puzzled with BCH for
some time too. The price will not stand logical examination P/E is the
highest on the NZSE. The last result was marginally better than forecasts -
not substantially better - but the price went higher !!

The only conclusion I can make is that BCH is the darling of the market a
bit like BRY was years ago and investors who don't concern themselves with
P/E's , or any of that jazz, climb on to the bandwagon. IMO there has to be
an eventual day of reckoning,  it always happens in the long run.  The
question is when ?
As you say the built in premium will cover potential profit gains for years
to come. The current price should not be higher than around $6.00. Wouldn't
be surprised if they did another split.

Sour grapes with me too. I had the opportunity to buy around the $6. mark
and didn't because the price seemed to be getting too high.

Regards
Brian