Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

[sharechat] Newcall Nasdaq connection

From: "Philip Robinson" <robph639@student.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:30:40 +1200

GEN: NGL:  NEWCALL JOINS UP WITH NASDAQ LISTED VOIP COMPANY WHEREVER.NET

NEWCALL Group has concluded a business development agreement with Hong Kong
based WHEREVER.net (Nasdaq: WNET) which gives the NZ  telco worldwide access
to a powerful range of new generation telephony services. In return, NASDAQ
listed WHEREVER.net receives reciprocal access to NEWCALL's national network
in NZ.  NEWCALL Group Chairman, David Sun, says that the suite of new
services includes VoIP, virtual private networks (VPN), global personal
numbers, and IP phone cards.  Each of the services, he says, will be
progressively rolled out.  "The first stage will be to join NEWCALL to
WHEREVER.net's VoIP network which will give our customers global reach at
the
most competitive rates," he says.  "Because it is a managed internet
service,
as opposed to the unmanaged public internet, the quality is commensurate
with
the existing digital technology we currently use. "In stage 2, NEWCALL
customers will receive access to WHEREVER.net's VPN service giving them
direct voice and fax access to overseas subsidiary offices throughout the
world. In stage three, our customers will be able to use a personal, one
telephone number service which will enable them to make telephone calls
across the world and reach someone immediately. These calls will be directed
to the recipient, whether on landline or mobile phone - without any premium
the usual substantial premium having to be paid for the mobile service."_
WHEREVER.net Chairman, Chris Lee, says the partnership will enable both
companies to further extend their networks and global reach. "With NEWCALL's
presence in NZ, WNET expands our global reach to NZ.  We are very pleased to
be associated with NEWCALL and look forward to more cooperation with them in
the future."  The fourth additional service to result from the initiative
will be international IP customer phone cards similar to those already
offered by NEWCALL in New Zealand and Singapore._

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] BCH - where have I gone wrong? Brian Gale