Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] FFS

From: "Mike Hudson" <mikehudson@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 18:25:54 +1200

Chris wrote

"They are also doing a lot of work on reducing the chemical input.  Tanalizing
will be a forgotten practise within 5-10yrs.  European markets will be more
receptive to our product once that is accomplished.  Carter Holts kiln dried
Laserframe is proving a big winner in our market and I am sure FFS have
something equivalent on the go. "

Indeed they do. Their product is called Timeframe. There is however a problem building up with untreated kiln dried framing. It must be installed dry and kept dry, if it is exposed to moisture it will rot. This means that if correct building practices are not used and the building envelope does not retain it's integrity there will be problems. There have been a number of cases recently and whilst they are due to shoddy building practices rather than a problem with the timber it could become a big issue for the industry.

Cheers
Mike H

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] FFS..?? Jeremy Tony Haddon