Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - September 2000

Re: [sharechat] strong buying in NOG

From: "Adam Rands" <adam@iguana.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 18:16:43 +1000

My hard luck story

A few months ago  was sitting on a 2.5k paper profit for 10 minutes work
(arbing the NZ Oil options between NZ and Aussie).. Soon after my trade I
got distracted (for several days) and ended up not closing out my position.

Months later I now find myself sitting on a 8.5k loss (made worse with the
weak NZ dollar) and more NOG options than I care to own.

I have finally shunted the stock to the NZ register (more liquid) and am
keen to offload them to the best bidder (bids over 15cents appreciated).

NZOG always promise the earth (and sometimes oil). They talk up their stock
before drilling programs, the usual stories do the rounds between select
brokers but they never mange to deliver...

So that's my hard luck story. What's worse is I have plenty others ones...

Can anyone beat that?