Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] Strathmore/Commsoft offer - flop?

From: Brian Gale <brigale@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:53:34 +1200

At 19:06 24-07-00 +0100, you wrote:
>Noticed no interest on Sharechat in the Strathmore
>offer of buying back its shares in return for Commsoft
>shares. Can the lack of investor interest indicate
>that this could be a real flop?
>
>Max
Read the posting by Simon Dallimore in reply to a previous query ....I
think it says it all

John,
I see you also had trouble deciphering that badly-written media statement
on the Strathmore-Commsoft "offer". Loosely translated (and this is only my
honest opinion), I think it means this:
"Give us your SMR shares and we'll give you some shares in our new company
Commsoft which we want to list but market conditions might mean that nobody
might want to take up the share offerings and so we have decided to come up
with this scam...oops we mean "offer" so you can all invest in our new
company which will take on that big bad wolf, Telemedia who is stealing all
of the glory that should be ours. You won't find any details on our media
statement because our PR "strategists" believe in not making it too easy
for you to understand what we are trying to do. Now all you have to do
tomorrow is to ring your broker and buy up on SMR. After you have done
that, we may release more details but that will depend, of course, on
whether our spin doctors have completed their remedial writing course in time."
Kind regards,
Simon