Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] RMG/ELD

From: Brian Gale <brigale@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 11:00:45 +1200

Hi Chris
           Thanks for your homework. It has certainly developed into an
interesting scenario.

One would think that a CEO who had such an important stake in another
Company would know exactly what the holding was down to the decimal place.
If he was in a restaurant do you think he may have been celebrating
something or is that a normal Friday afternoon venue for CEOs ? ;>)

Does a dual listed Company need to inform both exchanges of major holding
changes ?
Someone should check with ASX re those July 10 notices.  Do they response
to email ?

Monday is going to be an interesting day

Regards
Brian

At 22:49 21-07-00 +1200, you wrote:
>Brian,
>
>This is an interesting observation.  You are right, the figures do not
>reconcile and the ASX has not picked it up.  Strange that the NZSE, where
>RMG principally trades, has not posted the same announcement.  Nothing
>from ELD either which is a surprise considering lesser value investments
>have had generous PR announcements.
>
>So I phoned Alan Clarke, ELD CEO, and this is his response to my request
>for clarification.
>
>"Yes that would be about right.  We've got about 20 something, I'm not
>too sure of the exact amount.  No we haven't increased our interest
>lately.  Don't know anything about the ASX announcement (of July 10).  I
>would be happy to clarify it for you, can I call you back."

etc etc