Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: Re: [sharechat] Eldercare

From: Brian Gale <brigale@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 10:46:29 +1200

Hi Warner

I got the figs from the notices to ASX ...in summary:-

10 July  Eldercare NZ Ltd increased its relevant interest in RMG Ltd on 22/06/2000 from 12,716,055 ordinary. shares (19.9%)  to 128,815,809 ordinary shares (26.46%)

When I look at this again there is an error either in the first % or the holding as the figs don't equate.
However I think the new fig is probably correct as it matches the other statement relating to Watson & Co.

This would give an overall 'shares on issue'  fig of  some 486M ( I haven't been able to cross check this)

10 July 2000 Eric John Watson, Cullen Investments Ltd, Golf Investments Ltd & Spell Investments NV became a substantial shareholder in RMG Ltd on 22/06/2000 with a relevant interest in the issued share capital of 128,815,809 ordinary shares (26.46%)    (same fig as ELD)

This second announcement is somewhat surprising as I thought Watson was already a substantial shareholder, maybe this is a rearrangement?

The interesting thing about Eldercare is how this appears on their books i.e. where did the money come from ?  It would seem they are into RMG  boots and all !!  But it makes ELD an expensive backdoor to RMG.

Regards
Brian
(Discl. Hold RMG.... who wouldn't?)