Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

Re: [sharechat] Wireless .

From: "Warner Lamb" <cloud9@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 15:13:51 +1200

NG.I think TEL have already decided on their technology.It is CDMA and
according to the Press TEL believes wireless will be 25% of their revenues
by 2003.Most will be from Data supplied to user....ie
weather,stocks/alerts,breaking news etc.TEL have the infrastruture and from
talking to a Telecom employee the other day after the Wellington trial
happening as I write will be followed by the first commercial CDMA phone on
the NZ market..The Ericssen T28 due very soon.You have basic data to mobile
now with the 5120 Nokia and the 8890 Nokia with Browser and Email
capability....as I have posted before, don't think TEL don't already have a
plan and it's a big buy under $7.30.The Southcross cable has already paid
for itself and has futher capability,capacity to be sold.The owners of the
towers for wireless are the big winners as we have seen its so hard to get
consent for them.Why would others not have the same trouble.Telecom have the
best coverage and as we saw with Bell South no one wants to put up with big
holes in a network.Size and speed to market will dominate most
subcribers.imo
 warner

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Telstra, a flipside view tennyson@caverock.net.nz