Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

[sharechat] Volatility on the ASX - Aus bank accounts

From: "Oliver Shapleski" <oliver.shapleski@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 19:18:57 +1200

I must say I'd never actually checked the volatility of the ASX before, although since ASB are now offering a wealth of info (incl live quotes with depth on the ASX), I thought I'd check it out (I was hoping to see some of my shares on the list).  Lo and behold, my gains were paultry today compared to the 15 stocks gaining more than 45%!  Are these sort of gains (and losses) normal on the ASX or is that a good day?

Compared it to NZSE of course - I think one of my 2% gainers made it to the biggest movers billboard of fame!

How does one begin to go about opening a bank account in Australia to avoid paying all the brokerage here?

Oliver

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] Chartist challenge Mark Hubbard