Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - July 2000

[sharechat] And another recovery... thank goodness for the ASX!

From: "Oliver Shapleski" <oliver.shapleski@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:45:43 +1200

Well I must say after this experience I'm not ever putting another dollar into the NZ sharemarket.  Seems the only winners I pick are over the Tasman....  Here's hoping my NZ listed co.s jump the ditch quick-smart.  This announcement at last explaining in part the recent run from TMN - up to A$6.93 and heading for the highs of April??!? Here's hoping.  Certainly a long way from the $2.90 or so it hit early May (when I believe Ben recommended it a BUY?  Wish I'd had money at the time - hope you got in there Ben :-) )

Jeez it's nice to have something to smile about at last.

Telemedia Wins Virgin Mobile Business in Australia
Announced on 2000/07/05 10:13:12.
Part:A   494 words
Industry Sub Group: Equipment, Services (183)

TELEMEDIA NETWORKS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED      2000-07-05  ASX-SIGNAL-G

HOMEX - Melbourne

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Virgin Mobile - one of the world's fastest growing mobile phone
companies - has chosen Australasian company Telemedia as a key
partner for its launch into the Australian market this year.

Sir Richard Branson has publicly stated he plans to take Virgin
Mobile to 30 carriers around the world, following its successful
launch in Britain in November.

Under the agreement, Virgin Mobile Australia will invest more than
AUD$8 million (USD$5 million) over five years, with Telemedia
Networks International (ASX: TMN) supplying pre and post paid mobile
switching infrastructure.

Chief executive of Telemedia, Chris Jones said a successful
partnership with Virgin Mobile in Australia could be the first step
to a global supplier link between his company and Branson's.

"By installing Telemedia's range of enhanced service platforms,
Virgin Mobile will be able to seamlessly integrate our software into
its new networks.

"As they roll out their consumer brand around the world, taking
Virgin Mobile into key telecom and internet markets, we aim to be
alongside assisting them achieve their vision."

Virgin Mobile Australia's managing director, Andrew Grant said with
Telemedia as its partner, Virgin Mobile is ideally placed to deliver
on its promise to Australians.

"Just as Virgin has revolutionised the airline business, rail
services and the entertainment industry, we're now set to bring that
same energy, innovation and commitment to the mobile phone market in
Australia."

Jones said with Telemedia's global reach now stretching across 35
countries in six continents, his company is ideally placed to support
Virgin Mobile in its plans to expand worldwide.

"We have the network and the systems in place to be able to offer
Virgin Mobile the solutions and support it may need in every market
it is targeting.

"Customers in Asia, Europe, the US and South America are already
enthusiastic about the open design of Telemedia's software which they
can integrate into their existing systems from day one.

"We're delighted to now be adding the globally recognised Virgin
Mobile brand to our extensive - and rapidly growing - international
customer base."

Telemedia now has a global installed base of enhanced service
solutions with more than 140 installations across 69 telecom service
providers in 37 countries.

It also provides worldwide 24 hour live support infrastructure
stretching across six continents.

ABOUT VIRGIN

The third most recognised brand in Britain, Virgin is involved in
planes, trains, finance, soft drinks, music, mobile phones, holidays,
cars, wines, publishing and bridal wear. Virgin has created over 200
companies worldwide, employing over 25,000 people.

ABOUT TELEMEDIA

Telemedia Networks International Limited designs, develops,
integrates and supports telecommunications software systems which
enable telecommunications operators to offer value added services to
their customers. The company was established in 1996 and floated on
the Australian Stock Exchange in October 1999. Telemedia's products
include prepaid calling card and mobile phone systems, voice
messaging systems, interactive voice response systems, call centre
solutions, intelligent network systems, mass calling platforms and
internet telephony solutions.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: Re: [sharechat] NIX Brian Gale