Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - June 2000

Re: [sharechat] ril visits colony for two weeks

From: "Ben Dutton" <bendutton@sharechat.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:25:48 +1200

Yes it is strange that our tech sector hasn't improved in line with the
NASDAQ - I certainly was expecting better performances from ADV and ITC.
Sanity seems to have returned to the US market as well - the companies that
never came close to deserving their lofty valuations are now in many cases
trading below their cash asset value - check out this article from today's
Wired News for more info about that:

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,37111,00.html

There's been some discussion today about TEL.  I have to admit that even I
couldn't resist the current price and picked up a swag at $7.38.  TEL hasn't
been trading around these levels since October last year - it was also only
a couple of weeks ago that (and this is from memory - pls correct me if I'm
wrong) Goldman Sachs recommended it as one of the best telco BUY's in Asia.

Is TEL still one of your favourite shares, Hugh?

Best Regards,

Benjamin Dutton
(Disc. hold TEL, ITC)