[sharechat] Internet Speed

From: "Matthew Van Veen" <mattvanveen@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 09:40:33 GMT

A question to any IT pers out there. My ISP is IHUG and I have a 56k modem
fitted to my computer. Connection speed was never a problem until about the
last 2-3 weeks. Now I find when I do eventualy get connected the speed
ranges from anywhere from 9000 to 40 000. Has anyone else found recent
slowness when logging on or searching or trying to get into a new sight. QU
- Is it because of the introduction of i4free and Z-free that there is so
many new users on the system that it has slow internet speed that much. Also
if they don't pay anything can they leave their computers connected all day.
Would this be the answer or do I have another problem. I feel like that guy
on Walker Wireless ad on TV - wanting to pick my keyboard up and throw it at
my computer. With the float of Walker Wireless, Safety Net etc I can see
more people switching to these if speed becomes a problem as it is with me.
Also saves the problem of using phoneline when people trying to ring.
Perhaps I need to look more closely into getting some shares in these. I see
these Companies are being touted to do well next couple of years before
FIBRE OPTIC takes back over again.