Re: [sharechat] Capital Properties - Paul

From: Paul.Menneer@sealedair.com
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 13:27:58 +1300

No probs (so am I)
What it means is that you pay your purchase price today for say 5000 shares
and then at the end of June you are "called"/required to pay the balance of
the issue price that hasn't been paid yet. This has become your
responsibility as at time of purchase. This will amount to another 57 cents
per share. Shares no longer have a par value but for simplicity reasons
assume that the value of the share at issue was $1. The investor paid 50
cents on issue of the shares with another 50 cents due at the end of June
2000. That is what you are now required to pay. So your 5000 shares will
cost the initial price plus (5000 x 57cents) the call. One assumes that
after the call has been paid the value of the shares on the market will be
the current value plus 57 cents (maybe).
Hope this helps and if I am wrong I am sure that I will be corrected.

Paul

"Krypt Or" <kryptz@hotmail.com>@sharechat.co.nz on 26/05/2000 12:12:04

Please respond to sharechat@sharechat.co.nz

Sent by:  owner-sharechat@sharechat.co.nz