[sharechat] More falls for tech stocks expected

From: Robert Nottage <robnottage@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 08:49:22 -0700 (PDT)

I don't want to sound negative about the Spectrum
rights issue or tech stocks in general first thing on
a Monday morning but the reality is what I have just
read in the Sydney Morning Herald that in Australia
today, its struggling technology sector is expected to
be further slammed again following the Nasdaq
sharemarket's 4 per cent fall last Friday.
I quote: "I think you will see the local market catch
up with that fall," said Mr Michael Blythe, senior
economist at Commonwealth Bank.
Anyone investing in tech stocks during these volatile
times must either have an iron stomach or bottomless
pockets. Take it from me, I have learnt the hard way.
And from what we have read last night on the various
postings on Sharechat, even the great Mr Watson
himself is diversifying into other areas.

Robert Nottage
(Disclosure: One-time tech investor but got burnt too
many times)