Re: [sharechat] AQL a good time to buy??

From: "Derek Watt" <watt250@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 12:45:23 NZST

>Some people obviously think so. Reasonable volume of shares being traded
>given the state of the company. Can't help but wonder if some people know a
>lot more than they are letting on to the small shareholders.

This has been the problem with AQL all along though. Because of the high
profile shareholders, alot of us thought that it was worth buying.
Maybe sometimes what we see is all that there is and that when the AQL
directors say that the asset backing will be less than 1 c a share then this
is what it will be. When the say that they haven't identified a new
direction then maybe this is the case. It is just as valid to take
announcements on face value as to think that there is something else behind
them.

AQl shareholders shouldn't expect something for nothing. Someone mentioned a
1:5 reduction in shares when some other company takes over the shell. I
would expect a 1:25 reduction, then the asset backing of the new shares will
still only be 25c. The alternative I guess is a cash issue, but with the
mess they've made of the Aquarium venture I wander if that would be
successful.

(Sold all my AQL recently, would have sold down to 2c if I had to.
This would still have been 2 times the asset backing. Prior to this I
mistakingly thought that the asset backing was around 4 c a share.)

Derek.