Re: Re: Re: [sharechat] Making money in bear market

From: "Jeff Jobs" <bigbadbear2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 01:59:43 GMT

Jesse,
You are right about buying the day before the meeting. I wouldn't go so far
as to say that the rate hike is factored into prices at this time but forget
about next week, we are already looking to see what is going to happen at
the June meeting and if investors start perceiving another increase then as
well, it will get worse. I will keep on saying it, there is an ugly day
coming for tech shares (INTEL came out with bad news today) and if they are
not making money now they will be slaughtered. You can quote all the future
maybe earnings you like the mood has changed and investors are not going to
wait (well I won't be) I have made more gains buying undervalued boring oils
and commodities than any tech specs would have in the past year. To the
poster who mentioned FLB, makes good sense. The comment on FLP falling over,
please tell me it ain't so. Pulp and paper is being consolidated at the
moment with a bidding war going on between International Paper and Champion,
now that would be nice if it spilled on over to FLP.