[sharechat] Foreign Takeovers

From: "Oliver Shapleski" <oliver.shapleski@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 23:53:22 +1200

The recent "spate" of foreign takeovers is certainly interesting - the p/e and n/a ratios have always looked attractive for overseas buyers, and of course we have the rouble.  Phil noted in his email about RWL that the present Govt would do more harm than good...  I wonder... what impact would an imminent takeovers code have on buyer activity?  Would this speed up activity pre-code to avoid post-code costs?

Then again... what impact would an NZSE/ASX merger have on the Govt's ability to introduce a takeover code?  Any thoughts?

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] Making money in bear market? Richard Hooper