[sharechat] Interest Rates Vs Sharemarket

From: "Warner Lamb" <cloud9@i4free.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 22:46:46 +1200

In a recent link from Sharechat I found some statistics on 2000 GDP growth from CS First Boston The Economist. Forecasts for this years GDP 5.8% and the CPI at a low 1.3%. This would seem to be ideal conditions for our companies and for our sharemarket but generally everyone is expecting another increase in interest rates.. I think next week (some are saying .5%) why do we keep putting on the brakes?Did the oil rise change forecasts that much or do we want to keep on borrowing too much. This compares with USA forecasts of 4.5% GDP and 3.2% CPI.I hope we don't see another rise so soon for our Sharemarket hasn't started to recover yet....maybe a little.
PS I hope I haven't made any grammer mistakes- I see the Brought/Bought and There/Their police are back wasting my internet time.

Warner