Re: [sharechat] IPO'S and O'Seas Brokers

From: "Mike Hudson" <mikehudson@clear.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 20:32:56 +1200

Iain wrote

"Anyone had any exp with IPO'S as am getting rather a lot of calls from
O'Seas brokers.  Some of them seem reasonably up with the play and one
inparticular on IPO'S and Im getting interested.  Anyone used any of these
O'Seas brokers also? "

If these brokers are form reputable international firms you could be ok but
if they are like the ones that call me several times a month -  beware.

I get calls from New York, the Bahamas, Amsterdam and the Philippines form
people all reading from the same script, purporting to be my best friend and
suggesting a small investment of $5 or so in some OTC stock that is going to
be the best thing since sliced bread. These companies are either outright
frauds or are operating what are known as "boiler rooms" pushing some
rubbish stock they have bought on the cheap to unsuspecting mugs.

They also tend to get quite nasty when you tell them to p*** off

Cheers
Mike H

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] stop losses glenn morrison