Re: [sharechat] SPE

From: Richard Moyle <Richard.Moyle@genfys.slu.se>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 06:21:15 +0200

Yes I am a little confused about this too. And I find the lack of
clarification or announcements from SPE management in general, while the
share price slides, to be appalling. There last announcement was vague, it
included that John O'hara would not be CEO of SPE after all, but that he
would help out and be consulted on matters concerning software acquisitions
or something like that. At the time I took it as meaning that there where
some troubles in the board room but it sounded to me like the WEL technology
transaction would go ahead. But another fellow in another trading forum
sounded dead sure that the WEL technology transaction was dead. Confusion
there for sure.
They also said a shareholder meeting to approve change of business direction
would be held in May. When are they going to announce the date for this
meeting and the agenda? Such an announcement would surely revive confidence
and price in this stock given that it has been heavily touted as a winner
this year by the likes of DFmainland, and that the price was in the 40's
after they announced the change in direction, WEL technology acquisition and
the following rights and bonus option issue. A long waiting period until
something happens, uncertainty over their change of direction and of course
the general lambasting of tech stocks lately has compounded the poor
performance of SPE recently (was trading down at 10 this afternoon -
unbelievable!). Can anyone give us some accurate information?
Come on SPE, look after your shareholders!

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.