Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] new economy stocks

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:32:43 +1200

totally agree with Sarah,was about to say much the same. But how about
the Unlisted Mkt etc? Wilson Neill (many times larger tech op than SVY),
Genesis - where does Walker Wireless reside? I must have a thorough look
to see if there's any others....

cheers,
Hugh

----------
> From: Sarah Corkill <Sarah.Corkill@directbroking.co.nz>
> To: 'sharechat@sharechat.co.nz'
> Subject: RE: [sharechat] new economy stocks
> Date: Tuesday, 11 April 2000 12:25
>
> Good idea Adam but what to you class as a 'new economy' stock.  What % of
> the company has to be devoted to the 'new economy' before it is included?
>
> Don't include SVY they are still a property developer/hotelier only a
small
> part of the company is "new economy".
>
> SPE - still hasn't acquired WEL so they are a company intending to become
> new economy stock.
>
> TEL - should be included.  Especially with Xtra, Southern Cross cable etc
>
> AQL - is not a new economy stock it is a cashed up shell! (with rumours
> attached)  If you included AQL on the strength of hearsay then you have
> include FRO for
>  in-accuracies sake.
>
> MXS - still hasn't completed their acquisition so can't be included yet.
>
> Add eBet - but their head market is Australia not NZ.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Sarah Corkill
> Direct Broking

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] AQL James Webb