Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] The way things will go down

From: "hugh webber" <hugh.webber@clear.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:17:11 +1200

um Derek, not sure what significance 31/04/2001 has apart from the fact
31st April ain't in the calendar mate.
Re RIL's prediction, yes I lived through 1987 and it was damn painful, more
painful in NZ than anywhere else. However I disagree with RIL except for
the hot air being let out of some of the tech stocks and the overblown PE's
on the DOW subsiding. Some of the overseas investors will panic and sell
out in NZ and some of the amateur investors here will panic and sell out.
But I fail to see 1987 again in NZ, more of a medium dip.
As a long term value investor it doesn't really affect me as long as the
value
companies maintain most of their dividends.

cheers,
hugh

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.