Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] Tech Stocks

From: "David Reid" <aspex@ix.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 20:53:46 +1200

I have said it before on this forum.
Do NOT confuse Tech stocks with e-stocks. The Tech area has now been more defined as including internet (the e-stocks), software, hardware, B2B systems, plus all of the other areas like pharmaceuticals, genetic,etc and some media developments.
My tech stocks do get hit by the market sentiment, and hard too but temporarily. I look for genuine novelty of product with income potential (or actual) and it works.
Know what your company does and follow it.
Then be prepared to monitor and be ruthless in selling. As I saw the other day by Michael Walters
who quotes his rules

THE ESSENTIAL RULES:
*Never use more than you can afford to lose
*There is no such thing as a sure thing
*Do not believe a word they say
*Only do what you can understand
*Greed is good? If it is on your side
*Listen to what the market is telling you
*Cut your losses, and run your profits
*Limit the downside

He writes extensive explanations for each of these comments

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: [sharechat] The Weather Geoff Ewert