Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] Carter Holt Harvey

From: Nicola <panjtan@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2000 10:42:08 +1200

I see CAH as a good buy. With the selloff of FFS and FLP and their
prices well above the depressed market price, this will rub on to CAH.
Also improving paper and timber prices will see the whole industry
re-rated. CAH has plenty of cash and Moody upgrade its debt rating.

I think IP-  CAH's parent company will be keen to buy and I won't be all
surprise if they make a surprise announcement. They know the business
and company and unlike buyers for FLP -  they know what the value of CAH
is.

If IP make an offer, it will be above market price. Even if they don't,
the re-rating of the paper industry will see prices moving up.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.

Messages by Date [ Next by Date: Re: [sharechat] NZSE40 2200 Comp Ben Dutton