Sharechat Logo

Forum Archive Index - April 2000

Re: [sharechat] ITC. Bottom scratching.

From: Phil Williams <phil@hyperactive.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 09:37:57 +1200

> This is not to say that ITC will be invested in all the right areas but
> they have on board some pretty astute investors and that's got to be a good
> influence. Why has ITC dropped ? It is simply the sentiment with the fall
> in the nasdaq but the NZ tech stoks have never risen to the same extremes
> as the nasdaq.

Thats part one of two painful points for ITC shareholders -
1) it got burst, but there was never a proper bubble to begin with.

2) it's widely regarded as a tech share, but it's a Venture Capital share,
with no particular restriction on investing (other than tergeting growth,
which happens to be tech for the forseeable future)

I live in hope that Merrill Lynch will funnel so much scrip offshore that
the somewhat inflated prices there become the driving factor, rather then
the chicken-shit-farmers price here... ;)

Phil

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/forum.html.